As of March 1, 2021, no person may access an early retirement with the right to a reduced pension under articles 5 and 24 of the Disability, Old-age and Death Insurance Regulations. *
Since the publication of the amendment to the indicated Regulation, a gradual change in the right to early pension was established as follows:
- Until February 28, 2018, the insured who contributed 300 (three hundred) monthly contributions could access an early retirement from the age of 62 for men and 60 years for women and were entitled to a reduced pension.
- From March 1, 2018, to August 31, 2019, at least 360 contributions were required to opt for early retirement with the right to a reduced pension.
- As of September 1, 2019, and until February 28, 2021, 420 installments are required for this type of pension.
- Finally, as of March 1, 2021, the insured will be unable to opt for a reduced pension (the benefit of early retirement with the right to a reduced pension will be revoked).
* Under Transitory XI of the Disability, Old Age and Death Pension Insurance Regulations, added through session No. 8856 of July 28, 2016, and published in Scope 148 of the Gazette 162 of August 23, 2016