The Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare issued Government Agreement No. 57-2022 containing reforms to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. These reforms come into force as of March 4, 2022. Among the reforms implemented, the following stand out:
- The powers and functions of the occupational health and safety committee must also be included in the Internal Work Regulations.
- Changes in risk prevention obligations for employers, based on the number of employees in a workplace.
- Updating of occupational health and safety plans every three (3) years, by the employer.
- Establishment of levels of health care in the workplace.
- The National Council for Occupational Health and Safety -CONASSO- will issue technical standards complementary to these reforms.