The Intellectual Property practice at BLP is defined by our people. Our team provide a combination of skills and experience that is unparalleled in Central America. Our focus on service and innovation make BLP the region’s best qualified IP practice.
Central America is a small but diverse region. Our integrated regional offices allow our clients to rely on experts with deep knowledge of the local laws and regulation, with the benefits and convenience of dealing with a single firm.
Our robust Intellectual Property practice helps our clients to obtain, maintain and enforce their Intellectual Property rights in the Central American Region. We integrate these services with our extensive experience in other related areas such as Unfair Competition, Regulatory Affairs, Advertising Regulations, Consumer Protection, and others.
Working under a united legal firm in the region, not only provides advantages from being a “one stop shop”, but it also allows for strict quality standards and the most efficient management of each case.
Our services include the prosecution, administration, and enforcement of a complete range of IP rights, including:
- Patents, Utility Patents, and Industrial Design
- Copyrights and related rights
- Intellectual property litigation and enforcement
- IP Due-Diligence and audits
- Monitoring and watch services
- Intellectual property contracts
- Unfair competition
- Geographic indications and designations of origin
- Trade secrets and other non-disclosed information
- Integrated circuits
- Plant variety rights
- Product regulatory registration
- Advertising regulations