As a company, BLP is aware of the environmental footprint it causes in society. That is why our Environmental Management program is an integral part of our Sustainability strategy. We have implemented a series of actions that allow us to comply with the provisions of the Ecological Blue Flag (Bandera Azul Ecológica) and Carbon Neutral Program (Programa Carbono Neutro), which includes, but is not limited to:
- The promotion of environmental education and preservation through talks that cover environmental care issues, internal communications that foster good environmental practices and actions that can be taken individually at home. Additionally, the firm’s staff participates in environmentally related volunteer actions in different areas of the country. These activities create a positive impact beyond the workplace extending into the lives and homes of our employees.
- Projects to reduce the consumption of electricity and fossil fuels. After reviewing our energy needs, the firm has invested in the installation of NEST thermostats, the renovation of computer equipment, and the implementation of a satellite monitoring mechanism and route optimization for Messenger service. Added to this is an inclusive teleworking policy that helps reduce energy consumption even further.
- Efficient use of water. BLP has developed a water consumption policy that includes the installation of different mechanisms to reduce water waste. Additionally, environmentally friendly and/or biodegradable cleaning products are used.
- Decrease in the use of paper. The firm has adopted a “paperless” policy, which promotes recycling of paper and use of digital documents. These actions have reduced annual paper consumption by 70%.
BLP is also committed to the well-being of communities, participating in organizations and initiatives at a national level that influence their sustainable development:
- Alianza Ambiental Santa Ana brings together more than 15 public and private companies that continuously work to improve the environmental performance of its members and the communities in which they operate.
- ECoins are the basis of an exchange program that offers incentives to encourage recycling and a change in consumer habits. BLP donates recoverable waste to this initiative as part of an effort to reduce our impact on the environment.
- BLP joined ProParques’s plastic cap collection campaign for the construction of walkways to make national park beaches accessible to the handicapped. The firm collected and donated more than 55 kilos of plastic caps to this cause.
Within its Sustainability strategy, the firm prioritizes actions to promote and support initiatives that affect the quality of life and the enjoyment of the rights of social sectors that may be in a vulnerable situation. These actions are part of BLP’s commitment to the sustainable development of the societies we serve.