Rodolfo is a founding partner of BLP in Guatemala. He specializes in the practice areas of Dispute Resolution; Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation; Energy & Infrastructure; and Environmental, Health & Safety.
During his more than 20 years of extraordinary professional service, he has successfully resolved complex litigation in both the private and public sectors, highlighted by his participation as Judicial Director of the State for the Defense of Guatemala in Arbitration of the ICSID ARB 09/05 promoted by Iberdrola Energía, and ARB 10/23 promoted by Teco Holdings. He was also part of the national legal team that advised Guatemala in the arbitration promoted by the United States in chapters XVI and XX of the CAFTA-DR.
He is recognized for his experience advising on governmental matters, public-private partnerships, public tenders, policies and strategies; in the development of energy and infrastructure projects, with particular skill in national and international tenders; and in contracts for environmental mitigation measures, environmental impact studies, and the socialization processes for electric power projects.
He has been a legal advisor to the National Agency for Development of Economic Infrastructure Partnerships (ANADIE), the Postal Licensee of Guatemala, and the National Competitiveness Program (PRONACOM). He has also been an advisor to the Free Zone of Industry and Commerce of Santo Tomas de Castilla, the office of the Minister of Energy and Mines, and the Quetzal Port Company.
Rodolfo enjoys the recognition of the prestigious publication Chambers and Partners and is highly valued among his clients as a trusted, decisive and collaborative lawyer.
After a distinguished 15-year career at Arenales & Skinner-Klee – LatamLex, including several years as a partner, Rodolfo became a BLP Partner in 2016.
- Dispute Resolution
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Energy & Infrastructure
- Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution by Chambers and Partners.
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer by IFLR 1000.
- Diploma in Regional Electricity Market and Law in Energy, Energy & Infrastructure Analysis Center, Guatemala, 2015.
- Bachelor in Legal and Social Sciences, Lawyer and Notary, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, 1993.
- Program in Legal Aspects of International Business, INCAE Business School and the School of Law of the University of Georgetown, Costa Rica, 2005.
- Master’s degree in Commercial Law and Competitiveness, Universidad de San Carlos, Guatemala, 2008.
- Diploma in Economic Regulation of Public Services, Public and Regulatory Law, Investment Strategies Consulting Group, Guatemala, 2010.
- Diploma in Administrative and Public Law, Universidad de San Carlos, Guatemala, 2013.
- Specialization in Public-Private Partnerships for the Development of Infrastructure and Services, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico, 2014.
- International Bar Association (IBA):Member.
- Center for the Defense of the Constitution of Guatemala (CEDECON): Member
- Association of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala (CANG):Member.