Pamela is Partner of BLP in Guatemala. Her practice areas include Intellectual Property, Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection, Privacy & Data Protection.
During her experience as a lawyer, she has advised national and international organizations in all aspects related to the registration, protection, and defense of trademarks, patents and other industrial property rights, including the licensing of assets, litigation, and anti-piracy matters. Recently she has been known for her work advising, from a copyright and intellectual property perspective, the most disruptive technology companies for the introduction of innovative business models to Central America.
Pamela has significant experience managing strategies for sanitary registrations, analyzing from a legal perspective the advertising materials, commercial promotions, and other consumer protection matters, including the attention to claims before the corresponding authority.
She also has assisted companies in data privacy matters, ranging from prevention audits preparation of notices and privacy policies, training of personnel, and legal defense against complaints.
The prestigious publications Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, and World Trademark Review have recognized her work. The first of these publications describes her as a key figure in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice and is highly esteemed among clients for her technical knowledge and assertive response in complex cases.
She joined the BLP team as an associate in 2016, after having been Director of the Intellectual Property Practice at Arenales & Skinner-Klee – LatamLex for one year, and working eight years at Palomo & Porras, seven years as Paralegal and one as Associate Attorney.
- Intellectual Property
- Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Recognized in Intellectual Property by Chambers and Partners.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property by World Trademark Review.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property by Legal 500.
- Specialization in Intellectual Property, Universidad Austral, Argentina, 2018.
- Diploma in Copyright and Related Rights, Universidad Rafael Landívar, Guatemala, 2012.
- Bachelor’s in legal and Social Sciences, Lawyer and Notary, Universidad Rafael Landívar, Guatemala, 2014.
- International Bar Association (IBA): Member.
- Transforma, local chapter of Women in the Profession of the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice: Member.
- Association of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala (CANG): Member.
- Guatemalan Chamber of Intellectual Property (CAMPI): Founding member, Member of Academic Committee.
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI): Member.