Lilian is a Partner of BLP Honduras. Her practice areas include Banking & Finance, Business Law, International Trade, Tax, and FreeTrade Zones.
Throughout her 24 years of experience in the area of international trade practice, she has experience advising on different customs regimes, customs regulations in Central America, customs adjustments to value and oppositions in general. As for Tax, she has extensive knowledge in tax litigation, challenges to adjustments, tax planning, special regimes, and exemptions and credits. Currently, she provides advice to different private entities, commercial companies, non-governmental development organizations, and private financial development organizations.
She has been head of the Legal Counseling and Advocacy Department at the Executive Directorate of Revenues (DEI) for four years and advises on the Legal Manual of Auditors of the Project sponsored by DEI funds, now known as the Revenue Administration Service (SAR).
In 2015 she became one of the six Founding Partners of the BLP in Honduras. Previously, she was a partner at Lexincorp and Haroldo A. López Law Center.
- Banking & Finance
- Free Zones
- Business Law
- International Trade
- Recognize in the practice of Tax by Chambers and Partners
- Listed as Leading individual in the practice of Tax by The Legal 500
- Ph.D. in Financial and Tax Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2016
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH), 1994
- Master’s degree in Taxation and Tax Advice, Center for Financial Studies of Madrid, Spain, 1999
- Management Diploma in Customs and Tax matters, Universidad Católica de Honduras, 2001
- Honduras Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association Honduras (IFA): Founding member
- Conciliation and Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Tegucigalpa: Certified arbitrator and conciliator
- Lopez, Lilian. 2018. Tax Liability for Lifting the Veil, Editorial Jurua, 2018.
- Lopez, Lilian. 1999. “The Tax Liability for Acquisition of Company”, Local Finance Magazine, Madrid, Vol. XXIX, No. 85, 1999.