Karla G. Aguilar
Karla is a founding partner of BLP in Honduras. Her legal specialties include Environment, Health & Safety, Business Law, Aviation & Maritime, Agribusiness, and Energy & Infrastructure.
In the practice area of Energy & Infrastructure, she has experience in legal consultations in the regulated sector, international and national bidding process, electric power purchase agreements, permits, strategies including social acceptance for the development, construction and operation of electric power projects, legal consulting, and obtaining environmental licenses.
With 20 years of experience, Karla is well-versed in the legal procedures within her practice areas. In Environment, Health & Safety, for example, her expertise includes the procedure to obtain permits and licenses, contracts for environmental mitigation measures, preparation of environmental impact studies and realization of processes and strategies for the socialization of projects of all kinds.
In Aviation & Maritime, she has extensive experience in the consulting and drafting of contracts, registrations, permits, and licenses, as well as broad knowledge of the industry’s regulatory plan.
Prior to becoming a founding Partner of BLP Honduras in 2015, Karla was a partner at Consortium Legal for 8 years.
- Energy & Infrastructure
- Business Law
- Aviation & Maritime
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Recognized in the practice of Corporate/Commercial by Chambers and Partners.
- Recognized as Leading Individual in the practice of Energy and Projects by The Legal 500
- Course on Renewable Energy for Sustainable Rural Development, INCAE Business School, Costa Rica, 2012.
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH), Honduras, 1997.
- American Law and International Law Program for foreign lawyers in Texas, 2008.
- Honduras Bar Association
- Honduran Association of Electric Power Producers (AHPEE): Member
- Conciliation and Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Tegucigalpa: Arbitrator and certified conciliator