Jorge is a Partner in the BLP office in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. He is experienced in the practice areas of Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation, Business Law, and Tax, department which he coordinates
In his 25 years as a lawyer, he has advised national and international entities in all types of tax- related matters, including defending clients before the national Tax Authority and administrative tax courts. He also has extensive experience in public and regulatory law, specializing in advising telecommunications and oil companies during complex administrative procedures and appellate proceedings.
During his career, he has advised both local and international companies in major commercial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and liquidations.
Likewise, he has led administrative contracting processes from the analysis of the contracting bases to the review and subscription of the contracts. Jorge participates actively in the advising of energy projects, especially in the review and preparation of EPC turnkey contracts (engineering, procurement, and construction) in the energy sector. His clients value his extensive legal knowledge and valuable opinions, praising his readiness and ability to integrate international teams, which has enabled him to participate in the financial structuring of the largest projects in energy and infrastructure of Honduras.
He joined the BLP team in 2015 as a Founding Partner of our office in Honduras. Previously, he was a partner at Lexincorp, after working at Consortium for fourteen years.
- Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation
- Recognized in Tax by Chambers and Partners
- Listed as Leading Individual by The Legal 500
- Degree in Law, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras, (UNAH), Honduras, 1994.
- Honduras Bar Association
- Association Honduras (IFA): Chair of the Board of Directors.
- Presidential Commission for Integral Reform of the Customs System and Trade Operators: Advisor.
- Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tegucigalpa: Registered arbitrator and conciliator