Giselle is a Partner of BLP in the San José office in Costa Rica. Her areas of expertise include Intellectual Property and Sanitary Registration of Products.
She has extensive experience advising local and international organizations in all aspects and processes related to the registration, protection, and defense of intellectual property rights, coordinating these processes throughout Central America via the BLP’s regional offices. She also represents clients in complex litigation related to trademarks, copyrights and anti-piracy. Additionally, she advises on the regulatory part related to the sanitary and phytosanitary registry of products before state authorities within their respective regional countries.
Clients recognize her extensive knowledge of Intellectual Property, including the regulatory environment. They have also praised Giselle’s advice as a key element in the performance of their businesses in Costa Rica. She is highly recognized in the practice of Intellectual Property by renowned legal publications such as The Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer and Who’s Who Legal.
She became a founding member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Professionals in Intellectual Property of Costa Rica (APPICR) in 2007. She also is or has been a member or a Board Director of the National Institute of Biodiversity (INBIO), the Committee of Intellectual Property of the Costa Rica Bar Association, and the Intellectual Property Subcommittee of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) as well as the Illicit Trade and Security Committee and the Regulatory Improvement Committee of the Costa Rican Union of Chambers and Associations of the Private Business Sector (UCCAEP) In addition, she is currently a member of the Executive Committe of the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) and has belonged to the International Trademark Association (INTA) since 2005. She heads the Judge´s Task Force of the INTA Enforcement Committee.
After serving as a director of the Intellectual Property area at Sfera Legal, she joined the BLP team as an associate in 2006 and was named Partner in 2014.
- Intellectual Property
- Sanitary Registration of Products
- Recognized in the practice area of Intellectual Property by Chambers & Partners
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer by The Legal 500
- Recognized as a Highly Regarded Lawyer by IFLR 1000
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Who’s Who Legal
- Law degree, Universidad La Salle, Costa Rica, 2003.
- Association of Professionals in Intellectual Property of Costa Rica (APPICR): Founding member of the Board of Directors.
- National Biodiversity Institute (INBIO): Board of Directors.
- American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI): Member of the Executive Committe.
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- EnforcementCommittee (INTA).
- American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI): Member of the Anti-Piracy Committee.
- Member of the Illicit Trade and Security Committee of the Costa Rican Union of Chambers and Associations of the Private Business Sector (UCCAEP).
- Costa Rican Bar Association.