On June 15th, 2020, the Ministry of Labor and Social Security published the Governmental Agreement 79-2020, that contains complementary dispositions to the Regulation of Occupational Health and Safety, for the prevention and control of outbreaks of SARS COV-2 in work centers.
The Agreement establishes obligations and prohibitions for employers and employees, among which the following stand out:
- Qualification of employees according to risk factor.
- Adaptation of contagion prevention policies.
- Adaptation of human resource management policies.
- Adaptation of policies for the use of common spaces.
- Adaptation of reaction protocols to positive cases in the establishment.
- Adaptation of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Obligation to have an updated Occupational Health and Safety plan.
As a law firm we can provide advice, recommendations, protocols and guides on Occupational Health and Safety, as well as recommendations on labor issues, including the implementation of what is required in this last regulation regarding home office, absenteeism due to illness, mandatory reporting to the Public Health District, policy to secure transportation for suspected COVID-19 employees.