The Foundation for the Development of Guatemala -FUNDESA (for its acronym in Spanish)- has promoted measures for economic reactivation in times of crisis, through public investment projects on a priority basis. One of these projects consists of reducing the gap in road infrastructure, and to this end, it has promoted the Bill 5431, which contains a draft of the General Law on Road Infrastructure.
The Bill promotes the implementation of a new development system for this type of infrastructure, based on five fundamental areas:
- Creation of the Superintendence of Road Infrastructure.
- Procedure for the declaration of public utility and acquisition of the right of way.
- Creation of the figure of the programmer, as responsible for the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of the road.
- Guarantee of legal certainty through the Road Infrastructure Agreement.
- Prioritization of public funds, enabling various sources of financing.
Now, the bill is been discussed in the Congress of the Republic of Guatemala, it has a favorable opinion and has successfully passed the first debate.
We have a 24/7 service to address your legal queries related to the effects of COVID-19 in your company. Contact us through our Help Desk for immediate assistance at: [email protected]. Access to our Media Room for further information about legal aspects related to Coronavirus in Central America at this link.