Luis is a Director in the BLP office in El Salvador, with more than 16 years of experience. His specialties are Business Law, Insurance & Reinsurance, Dispute Resolution and Consumer Protection.
He has extensive experience in the area of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, handling judicial and arbitration cases through the different areas of civil and commercial law, foreign investment cases, commercial transactions and international distribution agreements.
He has been recognized by the prestigious publisher Chambers and Partners as an Associate in the Spotlight and a Rising Star. His clients describe him as a highly performing professional, as well as an extremely capable advisor with a lot of experience in the market.
He joined the BLP team as an Associate in 2014, being appointed a director in 2018, after having worked at Consortium Legal as an associate for almost four years. He previously worked in the public sector, specifically in the Consumer Defender’s Office for 2 years.
- Business Law
- Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection
- Dispute Resolution
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Recognized in Dispute Resolution by Chambers & Partners.
- Listed as LACCA Approved by the in-house lawyers consulted by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association
- Master’s Degree in Business Law, ESEADE (University Institute), Argentina, 2017.
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences, Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas, El Salvador, 2004.
- Specialization in the “Application of the Consumer Protection Law”, El Salvador Consumer Protection Office, 2008.
- International Postgraduate in Law, Economics and Business, ISEADE – FEPADE (Business School), El Salvador, 2015.
- Postgraduate in Business Law, Acquisitions and Mergers, and Corporate Governance, ISEADE – FEPADE (Business School), El Salvador, 2016.
- Diploma in “Economic Concentrations, Competition Law”, Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA), El Salvador, 2016.
- AMCHAM Legal Committee: Advisor
- Asociación Salvadoreña de Empresa de Seguros (ASES): Legal Advisor