Luis is founding partner of BLP in Guatemala. He specialized in Business Law, Intellectual Property and Dispute Resolution.
Along his 20 years of experience, Luis has advice an important amount of local and transnational companies in different corporate matters; is very active in mergers and acquisitions, agency and Distribution Agreements, due diligence procedures and Limited Liability Partnerships. Likewise, his experience advising family business groups in estate planning, corporate governance and succession has been widely recognized.
In the practice area of Intellectual Property he has extensive knowledge in the protection of intangible assets such as trademarks, patents, copyrights, and business secrets. He has been distinguished by his ability to design preventive strategies and resolve complex litigation related to contraband, forgery, and violations of intellectual property rights in general.
In 2016, Luis left the law firm LatamLex, where he had been a Partner for several years, in order to become a partner at BLP in Guatemala.
- Business Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Recognized in Corporate/M&A, Intellectual Property by Chambers and Partners
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer by World IP Review
- Recognized as LACCA Approved by LACCA In-house lawyers
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer by Who´s Who legal
- Recognized as Highly Regarded by IFLR 1000
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property by The Legal 500
- Law degree, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, 1997.
- Cámara Guatemalteca de la Propiedad Intelectual (CAMPI): Board Member and Founding Partner.
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual (ASIPI): Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA): Member
- International Bar Association (IBA): Member
- Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala (CENAC): Arbitrator
- Center for the Defense of the Constitution of Guatemala (CEDECON): Member
- Guatemalan Bar Association (CANG): Member