Ruben is a Senior Associate in the practice areas of Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation and Environment, Health & Safety in BLP’s Guatemala office.
He has extensive experience advising State suppliers on legal, financial, administrative, and contractual risks in public procurement processes. He also advises national and foreign companies on the applicable regulations affecting the economic sectors in which they operate.
In Environment, Health & Safety, he has experience in the management of environmental impact studies, environmental and sanitary licenses, environmental compliance audits, the establishment of Occupational Health andSafety Committees, and regulatory updates.
He joined the BLP team as an associate in 2019. Previously, he worked as a Parliamentary Advisor for the Congress of the Republic of Guatemala for two periods and as Coordinator of Legal Advice for the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance of Guatemala.
- Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Master in Commercial Law and Competitiveness, Universidad de San Carlos, Guatemala, 2012
- Bachelor of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de San Carlos, Guatemala, 2011
- International Bar Association (IBA): Member
- Guatemalan Bar and Notaries Association (CANG): Member