BLP is leader providing legal advice in the Real Estate & Hospitality industry. Our attorneys advise a growing list of clients on some of the largest, most complex real estate projects in the region. Over the years, BLP ́s legal team has acquired knowledge and experience in the risks and rewards related to real estate transactions in Central America. On a daily basis, we represent developers, investors, and financial entities in the acquisition, development, structuring, financing, sale and leasing of real estate assets. Our firm offers comprehensive advice and personalized service to our clients in every stage of their real estate investments.
BLP ́s dynamic Real Estate & Hospitality practice in Central America consists of a team of more than 20 multilingual lawyers who coordinate their work from three locations: the San José headquarters, our offices at Los Sueños in the Central Pacific area, and in Las Catalinas in the Upper Pacific Coastal region of Guanacaste. All team members have extensive experience in Business Law as well as RE&H, as evidenced by the firm ́s impressive portfolio of completed real estate transactions, both local and offshore.
BLP ́s practitioners combine their business know-how with expertise in project financing, administrative procedures, environmental impact, hospitality, notary deeds, condominium law and related subjects.
We provide legal advice in areas and projects such as:
- Structuring and Development of Projects
- Purchase and Acquisition of Properties
- International Transactions and Investment
- Joint-Venture and other Partnerships
- Legal analysis of water availability
- Project Financing and Real Estate Collateral
- Hotel operation contracts and related
- Development of Gated Master Planned Communities and Large Scale Resorts
- Condominium projects (residential, commercial and mix use) and corporate and industrial centers.
- Hospitality and Tourism Regulations
- Concessions and Beachfront Property
- Marinas and other major Tourism Infrastructure Projects
- Due Diligence and Title Studies
- Trust Agreements
- Construction, Build to Suit, and Supplier Contracts
- Land and Building Leases
- Development and operation of project located withing free trade zone regimes