León is Director of BLP in the San José office. He specializes in the practice areas of Intellectual Property and Patents, Cybersecurity & Data Protection and Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection.
His extensive knowledge of Intellectual Property law enables him to advise companies in all aspects related to the registration, protection, and defense of intangible assets, as well as the handling of cases of contraband and piracy. In addition, he has led in the litigation of unfair competition in Costa Rica, successfully defending the interests of clients.
He has advised a variety of national and transnational companies in the implementation of procedures and documentation necessary for data management, as well as represented in defense before the Data Protection Agency (PRODHAB) of Costa Rica. In addition, he has directed many companies in the steps they must take in the event they suffer a security incident with their data.
In the area of Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection, he advises on the design and implementation of promotions, contracts with suppliers, as well as attention to claims before the corresponding authorities.
He joined the BLP team as an associate in 2015, after the merger with Weinstok Abogados, where he began his career in 2006 as a legal assistant. In addition, he has been an examiner of the National Institute of Intellectual Property (INAPI) in Santiago, Chile.
- Intellectual property
- Cybersecurity & Data Protection
- Advertising, Marketing & Consumer Protection
- Recognized as Associate to Watch in the practice of Intellectual Property by Chambers and Partners
- Diploma in Intellectual Property, Universidad Católica, Chile, 2013.
- Master in Commercial Law, Universidad Católica, Chile, 2013.
- Law degree, Universidad de Costa Rica, Costa Rica, 2010.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP): Co-chair of the KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Costa Rica Bar Association: Member of the Intellectual Property Commission