José María Pacheco
José María Pacheco is a BLP Special Counsel based in San José, Costa Rica. He specializes in Business Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate and Hospitality.
His extensive experience includes representing regional and foreign companies as they get established in Costa Rica and Central America, spearheading complex multinational M&A transactions, designing and executing local and international corporate structures, and leading other relevant multinational corporate transactions throughout the region.
José María is also experienced advising clients on large scale real estate and hotel developments from their inception into their operational phases, including the legal design of real estate projects, the acquisition of real estate, construction, financing, and the negotiation of hotel and asset management contracts with international hotel operators.
Furthermore, José María also has experience advising clients on both public and private securities offerings, financial structuring, lending and general contracting.
He joined the BLP team as a Special Counsel in 2022. Prior to joining BLP, he served as an associate and then a Partner at the firm Sfera Legal.
- Business law
- Real Estate & Hospitality
- Recognized in Corporate/M&A practice by Chambers & Partners and WWL.
- Master’s degree in Management, IE Business School, Spain, 2014
- Master’s in Private Law, Universidad Carlos III, Spain, 2014
- Specialization in commercial law, Universidad de Costa Rica, 2011
- Law degree, Universidad de Costa Rica, 2008
- Costa Rican Bar Association