Gloriana is a Senior Associate at BLP based in San José, Costa Rica. She specializes in the practices of Public Law, Public Procuement & Regulation, Cybersecurity & Data Protection and Telecommunications, Media & Technology.
In the practice of Public Law, Administrative Contracting & Economic Regulation, she has advised clients before various public bodies and entities, on government issues, public tenders and contracting, as well as on regulatory matters before the different regulators.
In the Litigation practice, she has provided advice on various administrative procedures, as well as litigation in Contentious-Administrative and Civil Treasury matters, and in tax litigation, unconstitutionality actions and advice on Municipal Law. Likewise, she has advised national and transnational companies in different arbitration processes.
In Cybersecurity & Data Protection, she has extensive experience in advising national and transnational companies in the preparation and review of policies and protocols for information management, attention to cybersecurity incidents and litigation in this area.
She joined BLP as a Senior Associate in 2022, after having created and led the litigation and regulatory law and digital law practices at Deloitte Costa Rica.
- Public Law, Public Procurement & Regulation
- Cybersecurity & Data Protection
- Telecommunications, Media and Technology
- Master in Public Law, Universidad Carlos III, Spain, 2012.
- Specialization in Registry and Notary Law, Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2014.
- Master in Telecommunications and Information Technology Law, Universidad Carlos III, Spain, 2012.
- Law degree, Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2011.
- Costa Rica Bar Association: Member
- Innovative Regulation Commission – Costa Rican Bar Association: Member
- Iberoamerican Regulation Study Association (ASIER): Member