Fernando is a Partner at BLP’s office in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. His practice areas are Business Law, Intellectual Property, Sanitary Registry of Products, and Notary Services.
He has 17 years of experience, much of it in the field of Business Law where he advises national and transnational companies on day-to-day matters, as well as complex private capital issues. As for Intellectual Property, Fernando has litigation experience and is expert advice, registration, protection, and monitoring of Intellectual Property rights.
In 2015, he merged his firm Godoy & Asociados, which he founded two years before, in order to become one of six Founding Partners of the BLP offices in Honduras located in Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula. Previously, he had been a Partner at the Consortium Legal firm for 12 years and worked in the Legal Department of the Central American Bank for Economic Integration.
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Sanitary Registration of Products
- Recognized in Intellectual Property by Chambers and Partners
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer by Who´s Who legal
- Courses on Financial Derivatives at the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
- Degree in Law, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras, (UNAH), Honduras, 2001
- Master’s degree in Corporate Law (LLM), Suffolk University, United States, 2013
- Honduran Bar Association: Member
- AmCham Honduras: Member and advisor on Human Resources
- Labor Committee of the Honduran Council of Private Enterprise (COHEP): Member and legal advisor on labor matters
- Honduran Supreme Court of Justice for the election of future magistrate candidates: participates as a member in the representation of the Civil Society of the Nominating Board for the period 2016-2023
- Center for Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tegucigalpa: certified arbitrator and conciliator