Federico is a Director at the offices of BLP Nicaragua. His areas of practice include Business Law, Ethics & Anti-corruption, and Real Estate & Hospitality.
Throughout his 15 years´ career in the legal profession, he has developed great expertise in Business Law advising mainly foreign investment projects in the country. He is also skilled in supporting local and foreign companies in their day-to-day commercial and corporate affairs. He excels in negotiating and executing business cooperation agreements, coordinating corporate Due Diligence processes, and executing the purchase and sale of shares or assets. He is also an expert in preparing legal opinions on highly regulated sectors such as mining, insurance, financial, among others.
Between 2016 and 2018 he relocated to San Juan del Sur, Rivas to open the local office and lead the Real Estate & Hospitality practice. In this practice, he has prepared comprehensive due diligence studies for the purchase of properties in urban and tourist areas, areas of agricultural interest and residential areas. He has led property purchase and sale negotiations, as well as advising on the development of agricultural, residential and tourist projects in the areas of greatest interest to foreign investment in the country.
In the Compliance and Anti-Corruption practice, he has experience in the internal analysis of risks, creation of risk matrices for companies and in the preparation of Compliance Plans based on risk for the prevention of Money Laundering and Acts of Corruption.
He joined the BLP team in 2015 within a few months of completing a master’s degree in Barcelona, Spain. He previously developed his private practice as a corporate legal advisor. Federico started his career in 2006 as an intern and then a junior associate at the firm NRZ Law and was also a volunteer mediator at the Legal Aid Office of the Central American University.
- Business Law
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption
- Real Estate & Hospitality
- Diploma in Corporate Compliance, ESADE Law School, Barcelona, Spain, 2018.
- Law Degree, Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Managua, Nicaragua, 2008.
- Specialization in Economic Law, Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Managua, Nicaragua, 2010.
- Masters in International Law, ISDE, Barcelona, Spain, 2015.
- FIBA-Florida International Bank Association, AMLCA 2018-2020: Anti Money Laundering Certified Associate.
- World Compliance Association: Member
- Association of Investors and Developers of Nicaragua (ANID): Member of the Board of Directors.