Andrea is a Partner of BLP in the San José office in Costa Rica. Her practice areas are Business Law, and Real Estate & Hospitality.
Throughout 18 years of legal experience, she has advised national and transnational corporations on day-to-day matters, including contracts and corporate governance, as well as complex transactions such as mergers and acquisitions in the Central American region. Her experience includes the restructuring, design and execution of corporate structure for commercial, real estate and free trade zone park administrator companies.
In Real Estate & Hospitality, she has advised on the development, structuring, financing, and sale of real estate projects (residential, tourism and commercial, hotel and hospitality) in the coastal and urban areas of Costa Rica. Likewise, she specializes in the preparation and negotiation of lease contracts for free trade zone companies, Built to Suit & Turnkey contracts, construction and development contracts, hotel management contracts, as well, as any other contract related with the development, marketing and sale of real estate projects.
Clients recognize the promptness and efficiency with which she addresses issues and cite the exceptional quality of her answers and legal documents.
Locally, Andrea has participated as coach and judge in different entrepreneurship competitions such as “Yo Emprendedor” and “Get in the Ring”. In addition, Andrea is co-founder of a green chemistry venture “Ecoclean Bio” whose mission is to reduce wastewater pollution.
She joined the BLP team as an associate in 2007, after being associated with Facio & Cañas for four years. In 2018 she was named a Partner of the firm.
- Business Law
- Real Estate & Hospitality
- Recognized in the practice of Real Estate by Chambers and Partners
- Master in International Law, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, United States, 2013.
- Law degree, cum laude, Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2003.
- International Bar Association (IBA): Member
- Fundación Voces Vitales: Member
- Costa Rica Bar Association: Member of the Sexual Diversity Commission